Current Program of Jalalabad Association Dhaka
Institutional Capacity Building:
- To strengthen and accelerate activities of Education Trust and Jalalabad Welfare Trust.
- To expand Jalalabad Bhavan from 9 th floor to 14 th floor by the Jalalabad Bhavan Trust.
- To develop and promote Jalalabad Association website, face book ID and newsletter.
- To develop the capacity of the Office in terms of space, technology, and staff to cope with additional activities.
- To establish Jalalabad Multipurpose Cooperative Society.
- To undertake activities to help the unemployed youths and job-seekers.
- To support destitute during winter, flood, any casualty during natural or man maid disaster.
- To provide scholarship and financial assistance to the meritorious and needy students.]
- To receive zakat fund and distribute them among appropriate persons
- To take necessary actions and programs for the development of social and physical infrastructure, agriculture, environment, airport, tourism, roads, minerals etc of Sylhet.
Education, Health and Gender:
- To take programs under Jalalabad Education Trust Fund and in collaborative with community Education trusts located abroad to foster educational development
- To take initiative for establishing Jalalabad University, Jalalabad Medical College and Educational Institutions.
- To take necessary actions for the improvement of overall education in Sylhet region.
- To strengthen students counseling for BCS and other competitive examinations, orientation of job placements and skill training program of the association.
- To establish health and medical assistance program with the help of Expert Sylheti Doctors, Specialists and Hospitals.
- To undertake activities to develop and promote capacity building of women.
History, Culture and Heritage:
- To undertake activities to protect, preserve and promote the culture, heritage and history of Sylhet.
- To organize and promote “SYLHET UTSHAB” at home and abroad to expose culture, history, heritage, economy, contributions and achievement of Sylhet in regional and global perspective.
- To organize seminar, workshop, discussions on values, culture, heritage, history, development; arrange publications of books, articles, essays; organize cultural programs.
International Cooperation and Expatriates Welfare:
- To establish and promote relationship with expatriate Sylheties and associate /link their community organizations with Jalalabad Association, Dhaka.
- To take appropriate initiative to tackle and resolve causes of Expatriate sylheties.
- To motivate and help expatriate sylheties for investment in Bangladesh.